Committee News


If you use Google Calendar you can import the Bynea Calendar in to your calendar by clicking on "+Google" at the bottom right of the calendar below

September 2013 meeting

Bynea Cycling Club

Committee Meeting 7.30pm 2nd September 2013

Present: Nic Forbes, Mark Bowen, Andrew Grist, Chris Davies, Martin Harsant, Nigel Burford, Nick Bebb, Paul Rees, Darrel Williams, Betty Owen was present for the completion of the club rules review.

Apologies: Charlie Jennings, Emyr Griffiths.

The meeting considered the last section of the rules.  It was agreed that Betty would make the alterations recently agreed and present a set of updated draft rules at the next meeting.  It was also agreed that a special meeting would be arranged to consider adoption of the new rules  rather than to consider these in addition to the AGM.

It was agreed Nic Forbes would carry out a review of the awards in the club, including trophies, who has them and which awards are still live.

MB advised the committee that he had met with Liz Slater from Welsh Cycling to go over the proposed course for the 2014 Tour of the Gower and agreed that the course was appropriate.  The race will have two groups –E12 10.30 start 5 laps and 80 riders, 3 / 4 race proposed as the Ben Carroll Memorial Road Race to cover 4 laps of the same course.  It was agreed that MB contact Tudor Thomas to confirm whether on-line entries could be used for club road race events for 2014.  MB to prepare a short cost benefit paper and submit to NBe for comments.  MB also confirmed that the plans for Pembreycriteriums are ongoing and it is hoped that clubs in the region will organise 9 events in 2014.

Swansea developments – it appears that there is a fragmentation in the group as there are lots of different ideas for cycling facilities floating around.  Agreed that CD would keep a watching brief on Swansea developments bearing in mind what was recently discussed with WC re potential developments at Crosshands.

Tour of Pembrokeshire Sportive – a letter is needed similar to that agreed to County Cycles for their support of the club when members have entered their events.  DW to action.

WC Awards – DW to confirm the club book a table for 10.

Club Dinner – it was agreed that the club would invite a number of guests to the dinner; Anne King + 1, Mr and Mrs Carroll, Peter and Sandra at County Cycles, James and Judith from Primal. 

MH confirmed that arrangements have been made for the club’s autumn weekend ride to Builth Wells, 50 beds booked and a cost to members of £30.

PR – Llandovery RFC match ball sponsorship – it was agreed to identify a date later in the season and to make the event into a weekend ride, staying in the area of Builth on the Saturday night.

Winter programme – it was noted that committee members should sit down after club one night and draw up a list of winter club runs including the Christmas lunch run on the 14/15 December.


Club Membership fees – that the club raise fees to £10 junios, £25 Senior, £35 family.  Committee needs to agree if this is a committee motion to the AGM.

Time trials – AG to develop a business case for increasing the levy and to show clearly the reasoning behind any proposed increase.  Part of the rationale for an increase in fees generally is to avoid cash flow problems, to build up some reserves and put the club on a more sound financial footing.

It was noted that club organising more time trials, road races and a sportive in 2014 would help with cash flow.

The meeting drew to a close at 10.30pm.  Date of next meeting Monday 7th October 2013.