Committee News


If you use Google Calendar you can import the Bynea Calendar in to your calendar by clicking on "+Google" at the bottom right of the calendar below

October 2013

Bynea Cycling Club Committee Meeting 7th October 2013


Present: Paul Rees, Nigel Burford, Charlie Jennings, Darrel Williams, Martin Harsant, Nick Bebb, Andrew Grist, Nic Forbes.


Apologies: Emyr Griffiths, Nicola Griffiths, Sarah Rees.


Club Rules: Nick Bebb kindly agreed to have the paper version of the rules tabled by Betty Owen to be retyped to be available electronically to make the process of amendment more straightforward.


Club trophies: Nic Forbes has started the process of auditing the trophies; Nic went through the trophies linking them to individual previous winners to take forward the process of identification.  CJ agreed to send an email reminder to previous winners by email.


Swansea developments: the next meeting is on 21st October but the committee are unable to attend.  PR is being copied in to various emails about the projects progress.


Sportives: DW to forward a letter of thanks to County Cycles for their support of the club.


Club Annual Dinner: Mr and Mrs Carroll were really pleased to be invited to the Dinner.  MH confirmed that John Herety had agreed to be chief guest and that he was soon to visit the Diplomat Hotel to check arrangements for the event.


Builth Wells weekend, MH advised the committee that nearly 40 places have been booked.


Llandovery RFC: it was agreed that the weekend of February 22nd would be an ideal opportunity to organise a weekend to Llandovery with the aim of watching the game with the Match ball sponsored by the club.


Club membership fees: it was agreed unanimously to propose to the forthcoming AGM that the Club raise fees for 2014 season.


Time Trials: agreed unanimously to propose to the AGM that the club increase the TT levy for the 2014 season.  AG advised the committee that the club was to organise events on the Vale of Neath courses on 20 and 21 June 2014.


AGM: arrangements were in hand for the AGM, a meeting was arranged for 21st October to run through reports and to confirm plans.


Winter programme:  it was agreed that committee members would seek to organise a number of social events over the winter months including:


  • Belgium Classics Night (Chris Davies)
  • Quiz
  • Classic Stages of the Tour de France
  • Basics of training (Darrel Williams)
  • Thursday Gym – 60 minutes including jog, turbo, core stability work
  • Spinning/ sufferfest
  • Cooking for Cycling (Charlie Jennings)
  • Basics of First Aid 5th December (Yeung Ng)




A new First Aid Kit is needed for the club, plus one or two smaller kits that can be taken on club runs and similar.