FEB 2014

Bynea cycling club committee meeting

7.30pm Monday 3rd February 2014

 

There were no apologies

 

Present pr, CJ, NF, my, cd, AG, nG, nah, eg, nb, nbe, DW

 

Letter of complaint - it was agreed if necessary to write to PJ again that he will be invited before the committee to explain his conduct. 

 

Social fund - agreed that for transparency and to show the true costs of the annual dinner separately to the trophies that a social fund will be established which will not include trophy costs but will include the club dinner budget.

 

MH updates the meeting the dinner will be help on November 22nd 2014, ticket price £20.

 

CJ is to email Georgina Harper at welsh cycling to enquire about the outcome of their previous Breeze meeting.

 

DW read out a mail from Sally at Tredz asking if one of our members would write a blog.  CJ offered and to liaise with EG to publicise this more widely as the content would be relevant to a wider audience of people considering joining a club.

 

NB clarified that the Castles and Cathedrals sportive would be on October 23rd and would make 10 places available for members if those members would donate the £40 fee to shelter Cymru.

 

DW updated the meeting abouthis recent meeting with Mark Bowen and Aled Jones.

 

PR updated members regarding the forthcoming cycling forum in LLanerch, PR, Nigel Burford and Nick Bedd to represent the club.

 

Direct Debit membership payment - Nick Bebb to add DD overlay to existing membership form and return copies to CJ.

 

The Facebook and website were discussed and it as agreed that significant events need to be sent to Nigel for inclusion in the website.  This can be reinforced in club via announcements.  An administrator should also create a inboard at the top of the Facebook page for important events.

 

The minutes were accepted as a true record.

 

Member reports - NBe thanks CJ for her efforts with membership, the balance is now £1558.80.  It was agreed that an outstanding invoice to Bob Jones be paid £58 for marshalling duties last year.  Overall, the account is looking reasonable.  Nick will chase insurance brokers for coverage for the building. 

 

Club kit costs were discussed and it was agreed to carry out a stock take of kit in store and that a list of the stock would periodically be put on the website.

 

Nigel Burford - NBu is in communication with the Carten eye am on an extra entry and has also provisionally booked a hotel in Tenby.  Nigel is keen to organise a sportive and it was agreed to organise a modest event on the day of the Dragon Ride. A working group was established cd, my, nG, nh, nb, NF and the group would prepare a report for the next meeting.

 

AG - it was agreed that members would be strongly discouraged from riding club organised open events on the vale of Neath courses in favour of marshalling.

 

Sospan ride - we have been approached to host and cater for the sportive at the club.  NF will seek clarification from Peter at County Cycles what is actually wanted.

 

EG - waiting for info from members, he has had 2 press releases in the local press on the back of Ed and joe successes.  Would want to publicise the sportive and any other significant events.

 

CD - reported that he had had no luck in arranging a date for Newport velodrome and would email them once again as a matter of urgency.

 

CJ - being assertive with members regarding membership.

 

PR - weather not helping the situation.  It was suggested all rides leave HQ at 9 to attempt to restart the art of the group ride. Note: if rides leave at 9, at least starting together, people can take off and go faster if they want, turn back early if they have family commitments.  The only eventuality this can't cope with is if people cannot leave at 9.

 

10pm at this point DW left the meeting.